live pest free.
A mouse is a small rodent with a pointed nose, small ears and a body-length tail. House mice easily adapt to life with people and thrive in a wide variety of habitats, feeding mostly on human food.
why are mice considered pests?
The main reason mice are considered pests is their rapid reproduction rate. The average gestation period for a mouse is only 20 days, with an average litter size of 10-12 offspring. As you can see, a small problem can escalate quite quickly!
House mice frequently invade homes and business looking to build their nests, nurture their young and eat your food. Mice are especially common in the winter, when cold weather drives them inside seeking warmth, shelter and food.
Typically, home and business owners notice evidence of mouse activity (droppings, etc.) close to food and water sources like the kitchen and pantry.
Once an infestation begins, treating for mice can be an uphill battle because they reproduce so quickly. Under most circumstances, treating a mouse infestation will require professional assistance to get ahead of their reproduction rate and eliminate the entire population.
i hear scratching in my walls or attic
If you are hearing scratching noises in your walls you most likely have a mouse problem.
Other wildlife will also make scratching noises; however, most of the time this is caused by mice. You may also hear squeaks, scrambling, and sounds of gnawing when large numbers of mice are present.
all the proof. you need
top rated in all our service areas
scott zalewski was very professional.
“He was very helpful in explaining how to best solve our individual problems.”
– Nancy E.
jon is professional, cordial & funny.
“He tempers his professional knowledge with comfortable customer humor to make future visits a welcome part of the month.”
– Dave H.
always goes above & beyond expectations.
“Scott is so nice and polite. He answers all my questions and honestly.”
– Rae H.
michael did a great job.
“He was friendly and respectful of our home when doing the inside.”
– Tom A.
we are very pleased!
“Mike was very thorough and accommodating.”
– Janet A.
how mice get inside
Mice can enter a home or business in many different ways:
- Any gap around the structure the width of a dime is an open door. Since mice can compress their bodies, if one can get its head through, the rest will follow!
- It’s important to make sure the foundation has no cracks or gaps, especially around the air conditioner inlets, doors and windows.
- Mice have tiny claws that allow them to scale up buildings with ease, so upper-perimeter gaps need to be sealed as well.
- Keeping tree branches and other plant life trimmed away from the home will also help keep these small pests from entering the roof line.
- Mice can also enter the home through the garage. Nine out of ten homes have small gaps in the garage door seal near the edges which allow easy entry for mice.
- Mice can also enter through doorways when doors are left open or have broken seals.
- Making sure foods are stored and sealed properly and general household cleanliness will help deter mice. Mice prefer cereals more than other food items, though they will feed on a wide variety of foods. Mice sometimes search for foods high in fat and protein, such as lard, butter, nuts, bacon, and meat.
If you start to suspect a mouse problem in your home or business, it is important to resolve it quickly before you’re dealing with a serious infestation!
what proof. professionals do to get rid of mice
proof. pest control provides both mouse control and eradication services including exclusion, baiting, trapping, and removal services:
- Our Pest Free Guarantee™ is a seasonal service that provides year-round protection against mice, plus ants, wasps and 30+ other common pests.
- We also offer a dedicated Rodent Control service plan, that can be customized to only treat an existing infestation (usually done over 2 service visits) or provide ongoing protection against future rodent infestations (usually done with ongoing seasonal services).