Live better. Live pest free
house spiders control
“House spiders” is the common name for various spider species commonly found inside homes and businesses. House spider webs do not have a regular shape, and they can be found in many different areas of a home or building.
Common places to see house spiders and their webs are ceiling corners, windows and inside lights or light structures:
- House spiders may spin webs in many areas of a home while they determine which ones work best for catching their prey.
- Their prey typically consists of insects, but they have been known to prey on other spiders, small reptiles, scorpions and sometimes even rodents!
how to identify a house spider
Is it in your house? Then, there you go. Just kidding. House spiders range in size from very small to over an inch in diameter. They are generally brown or gray in color, sometimes with darker stripe or chevron markings along their legs and bodies.
Like all spiders, they are wingless and their bodies are divided into two main sections called an abdomen (large part) and a cephalothorax (small part with head).
house spiders are generally not dangerous.
These spiders do not usually bite, but will strike out if they feel threatened or if they have taken up residence in the toe of a shoe you are putting your foot in! House spider bites are not life threatening; however, sometimes they do require trips to the hospital when swelling, headaches or lesions are present.
all the proof. you need
top rated in all our service areas
scott zalewski was very professional.
“He was very helpful in explaining how to best solve our individual problems.”
– Nancy E.
jon is professional, cordial & funny.
“He tempers his professional knowledge with comfortable customer humor to make future visits a welcome part of the month.”
– Dave H.
always goes above & beyond expectations.
“Scott is so nice and polite. He answers all my questions and honestly.”
– Rae H.
michael did a great job.
“He was friendly and respectful of our home when doing the inside.”
– Tom A.
we are very pleased!
“Mike was very thorough and accommodating.”
– Janet A.
how to keep house spiders out of your home
Spiders love clutter because it creates an easy foundation for their homes. Keeping your homes clear of clutter will minimize their presence.
- Try to minimize any gaps around the exterior of your home that could make it easy for spiders to get inside.
- Be sure that screens are not bent or torn to prevent spiders from climbing through the cracks.
- Do not leave unattended rooms closed off for long periods of time. Spiders will become at home in areas where they will not be bothered by constant dusting or cleaning.
- Keep storage items in plastic, airtight containers rather than in cardboard boxes where spiders can easily enter.
what proof. professionals do to get rid of house spiders
House spiders are one of more than 30 bugs and rodents we cover with our Pest Free Guarantee™ seasonal service plan. This plan includes scheduled service each season for full-year protection from spiders and many other common pests.