live pest free.
Cockroaches are a common insect pest loathed around the world for their association with garbage, decaying things and filth, and their incredible survival ability.
There are four common kinds of cockroaches found in our service areas:
- German cockroach
- Brown-banded cockroach
- American cockroach
- Oriental cockroach
if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Since cockroaches have been around for over 300 million years, and their fossils are pretty much the same as living roaches today, it is clear that these bugs have an uncanny ability to survive and thrive!
habitat & behavior
Except for size, all cockroaches are similar in overall appearance and shape. All cockroaches harbor in dark, warm and moist areas within the home. They are mostly nocturnal.
The most common harborage areas are in and around refrigerators, stoves, sinks and cabinets. These areas provide both protection and (usually) plenty of food.
daylight roach activity means there is an active roach infestation.
One way to gauge the level of roach infestation is to monitor if roaches are seen during daylight hours. The only reason for roaches to be out during the day is because there isn’t any room left for them in the wall voids and other dark harborage areas.
Keeping your home under the highest sanitary conditions will limit its susceptibility to getting roaches.
all the proof. you need
top rated in all our service areas
scott zalewski was very professional.
“He was very helpful in explaining how to best solve our individual problems.”
– Nancy E.
jon is professional, cordial & funny.
“He tempers his professional knowledge with comfortable customer humor to make future visits a welcome part of the month.”
– Dave H.
always goes above & beyond expectations.
“Scott is so nice and polite. He answers all my questions and honestly.”
– Rae H.
michael did a great job.
“He was friendly and respectful of our home when doing the inside.”
– Tom A.
we are very pleased!
“Mike was very thorough and accommodating.”
– Janet A.
tips to prevent cockroaches from getting inside
Cockroaches get inside through cracks and crevices in the home’s foundation or other entry points. You can reduce the chances of a cockroach infestation by eliminating easy entry points for them, and reducing the appeal of your home to them by eliminating food and shelter opportunities.
Simple tips to help keep cockroaches out:
- Make sure to seal all openings around the home. Like many pests, roaches can compress their bodies and and squeeze into the tiniest of cracks.
- Roaches may also enter the home through traditional entrances such as open doors and windows.
- To help keep cockroaches out, make sure organic material is kept away from the home’s foundation. Remove rotting leaves and make sure landscaping is kept to good standards.
- Make sure garbage is disposed of before nightfall and that lids are always firmly in place.
- Keep food in tightly sealed containers, and keep bags of pet food in plastic bins.
- Keep counters and floors as clean as possible, periodically cleaning kitchen and bathroom areas.
- Dehumidify any moist area in the home. During the summers, all basements should have a good operating dehumidifier if the outside weather is humid.
- Make sure there are no leaky pipes and vacuum the home frequently.
- Remove firewood stacked around the home or garage, patios, or porches.
what proof. professionals do to get rid of cockroaches
Cockroaches are almost impossible to control without a professional who has the correct equipment, products, tools, and know-how.