live pest free.
Wasps are a stinging insect species related to bees and ants. Some wasps are social and live in groups, while others are solitary.
Wasps are a common problem in our service areas, especially in late summer/early fall when the nests are at their largest.
There are two main types of wasps we see:
- the paper wasp,
- and the yellow jacket wasp.
how to protect your home from paper wasps and yellow jackets
- Remove old nests and scrape the point of attachment as previous wasp pheromones will attract new queens to build a nest in the same location.
- Remove ripe fruit that has fallen from nearby trees as soon as possible to eliminate food sources.
- Caulk any possible entry point in attics, window frames, and around wall penetrations to keep over-wintering wasp queens out of rooms and wall voids.
- Clean garbage cans regularly and make sure lids are sealed tight to eliminate food sources.
- Remove soft drink cans, candy wrappers, or other sources of refuse during periods of wasp and yellow jacket activity.
all the proof. you need
top rated in all our service areas
scott zalewski was very professional.
“He was very helpful in explaining how to best solve our individual problems.”
– Nancy E.
jon is professional, cordial & funny.
“He tempers his professional knowledge with comfortable customer humor to make future visits a welcome part of the month.”
– Dave H.
always goes above & beyond expectations.
“Scott is so nice and polite. He answers all my questions and honestly.”
– Rae H.
michael did a great job.
“He was friendly and respectful of our home when doing the inside.”
– Tom A.
we are very pleased!
“Mike was very thorough and accommodating.”
– Janet A.
Paper wasps construct paper nests from wood that they chew into pulp. This pulp dries into a strong, lightweight material similar to paper. The paper wasp queen is the lone wasp that survives through the winter. She starts her nest by attaching a thick paper strand to an overhanging structure, and then attaches a series of hollow cells to it.
Once the queen’s first generation of young mature, they take over building and maintaining the nest, plus feeding and taking care of new, developing wasps. Paper wasp nests have an umbrella shape in their early stages, which gradually turns into a football shape as they are completed.
Yellow jackets come in two different types depending on how they nest: aerial nesters and underground nesters. As the names imply, aerial nesters build nests that hang in trees and shrubs, and underground nesters build nests underground.
Yellow jackets are one of the most aggressive wasp species in North America. Yellow jackets are known for being aggressive, and they will quickly attack any person or animal that they think is threatening their nest.
what proof. professionals do to get rid of wasps
proof. pest control provides complete wasp removal service for both paper wasps and yellow-jackets:
- We can either come out for a one-time treatment to get rid of any nests on your property, or
- Our Pest Free Guarantee™ seasonal service provides complete, year-round protection against wasps, plus protection against insects, mice and 30+ more pests. If you see a wasp nest on your property while on this plan, just give us a call and we’ll come remove it in 1-2 business days at no charge!