Look for tick bites on warm, moist parts of your body, such as your armpits or groin region. A tick will stay on a person or animal for up to 10 days, engorging itself on their blood as much as possible, so again, it is a good idea to do this after any outdoor activity. Check out the top 15 signs of a tick bite that you need to watch out for below, and make sure to call proof. pest control if your property needs tick treatment.
the most common tick bite symptoms include:
- The most common symptom of an allergic reaction to a tick bite is pain or swelling around the area where the bite occurred.
- You are likely to notice a red spot where your tick bite occurred, which may be an indication of an allergic reaction or a symptom of a tick-borne disease. Oftentimes, in addition to a red spot…
- You may also experience a rash around the area where a tick bite occurred. This too can be a symptom of allergies or disease.
- If your rash turns into a full body rash, it is likely a symptom of a tick-related disease.
- More severe tick bites may be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- In some cases, tick bites may also cause blisters.
- On the allergic reaction spectrum, the most severe reaction to a tick bite you can have would be mild or even severe difficulty breathing.
- Neck stiffness may occur if you have been bitten by a disease-carrying tick.
- A headache is a fairly common symptom of tick-borne diseases, as is–
- Nausea, possibly accompanied by confusion.
- Joint and muscle pain are both primary symptoms of an infected tick bite.
- It is common to experience a fever when bitten by a disease-ridden tick, as well as—
- Chills, like you would experience during any major sickness.
- Swollen lymph nodes can be a sign of many kinds of infections, though if this occurs to you after being outside, there is a chance you were bitten by a virus-carrying tick.
- Finally, watch out for a general feeling of weakness, as this is a strong indicator that a tick as bitten you.
To learn more about tick bites or to schedule tick prevention service, call , or request a free estimate online.